Ahura AI uses artificial intelligence to personalize how people learn so it’s better, faster and cheaper with the goal of upskilling those who will lose their jobs to automation. Technological unemployment rates are projected to be catastrophically high, and Ahura an unprecedented approach to retraining people for the jobs of the future.
We are a team of resourceful A-players; we strive to expand educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background. In our search, we look for passionate team members with strong domain expertise and an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Ahura is looking for a senior full stack engineer with 6+ years of experience in a production environment. This role is 100% hands-on coding at first, mainly front-end but also some server-side and some scripting. There is opportunity for this role to grow quickly into a team leadership and supervision position.
API planning & integration using Python, web frameworks like flask/django is a plus.
Creating visualizations using D3.
Spearheading productization of POC code.
6+ years of production full stack development.
Extensive experience deploying to cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred).
Good judgement regarding when to use serverless, microservices, and monolithic server architectures.
Knowledge of browser plugin architectures.
Knowledge and or a willingness to learn Tensorflow.js.
B.S. in Computer Science (or related), M.S. preferred.
Junior Full Stack Engineer
Ahura is looking for a junior level front end engineer with at least one year of production experience. You’ll be using cutting edge techniques to interface with an artificial intelligence that tutors students.
- Writing and maintaining unit/regression tests.
- Creating visualizations for reports.
- 1+ years of production front end development.
- Deep understanding of standard web tech including JS, CSS, HTML5, etc.
- Experience with writing, running, and maintaining unit & regression tests.
- Portfolio of projects using D3.js.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related).
Ahura is looking for a junior level back end engineer with at least one year of production experience. You’ll work on a hybrid server and serverless environment and writing code against cutting edge AI libraries.
- Data engineering and pipelining.
- Implementing and maintaining serverless functions.
- Configuring AWS for speed, efficiency, security, etc.
- Extending Python/Flask-based API.
- 1+ years of production back end development.
- Expertise in Python and Flask.
- Knowledge of standard AWS products like S3, API Gateway, ELB, etc.
- Experience managing streaming data.
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related).
Director of Data Science
Ahura AI is looking to hire a director of Artificial Intelligence to accelerate our machine learning efforts.
- Coordinate multiple ML models working in concert
- Modify our AI pipeline for automating reinforcement learning
- Oversee data analysis and turning data into insight and actions for our users
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in relevant field (AI, Comp Sci, Mathematics, etc.)
- Up to date knowledge of new tools available for rapid data science development and deployment
- 10+ years of experience building A.I.
- 3+ years in a leadership role
Data Science Contractor
Ahura is looking for an experienced data scientist. Either contract or contract-to-hire. You’ll be growing the tutoring functionality with new models and improving the efficacy of techniques the tutor uses.
- Experiment design
- Contribute to each part of the product that AI touches
- 3 years of experience
- Tensorflow and/or Keras. Tensorflow.js experience a plus.
- Process and transform data (including video)
- Apply statistical analysis to real world problems
- Advanced degree in applicable field
Grant Writing Intern
Ahura AI is offering internships to writers for grant applications. You’ll help our team secure funding from a variety of grants, microgrants, and other funding opportunities.
- Writing grants to fit the posted requirements.
- Modifying existing grants to fit new requirements.
- Copy editing
- Understanding or ability to learn technical vocabulary quickly
- Bachelors or Masters degree (or currently enrolled in degree program).
Ahura is offering internships in the general IT domain. You’ll be a critical part of ensuring that the whole operation run smoothly, mainly focusing on the technology infrastructure in the cloud.
- Troubleshooting AWS setups
- Automating repetitive development, test, and build tasks
- Research and suggest tooling options
- Demonstrated relevant coursework and/or projects and/or prior internships
- Understands security
- Modify Google Analytics
- Be enrolled in a technical degree field
Ahura AI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Ahura AI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.